Sunday, August 15, 2010

Customization Revisited

One of my first posts was a case study analyzing mass customization and comparing the NikeID and Puma Mongolian BBQ experiences. I was compelled to revisit the idea during my daily perusal of Twitter (FYI: my handle is now @brittanyblais. Follow me).

Mashable, my leading online resource for everything related to social media, business and technology, published a gallery of cool and unusual laptop sleeves. As soon as I saw an owl print on one by Snupped, I knew I had to check it out (owl is tied with turtle for my second-favorite animal after the giraffe).

I was surprised to find that not only were there MULTIPLE owl prints but that the entire purchasing experience at Snupped is customizable. The consumer can choose the size, exterior, interior and handle/no handle option before buying. I actually ended up liking a different print better, but I have yet to make the actual jump and purchase the sleeve.

1 comment:

  1. You should check out egoo-journal.com if you like customization! :)
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete